DAAD Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship can be used to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at a top German university. For graduates or doctoral candidates, DAAD scholarships will cover monthly payment of 861 euros or 1,200 euros.
The sustained growth of respective nations depends heavily on highly qualified experts who are connected to international partners. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The DAAD supports the professional development of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations through its development-focused postgraduate study programs.
The scholarships offer international graduates of all disciplines from developing and recently industrialized nations the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a public or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional circumstances, a doctoral degree, and to earn a degree from a German university (Master’s/PhD).
Brief Description of the DAAD Scholarship
Scholarship Location: Germany
Scholarship Host: DAAD
Course/Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters in courses:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences.
Scholarship Duration: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
Eligible Individual/Country: International students.
Worth of Scholarship: The benefits of a DAAD Scholarship for Master’s and PhD studies in Germany include:
- Payments range from 861 euros per month for graduates to 1,200 euros per month for doctoral students, depending on the academic level.
- Allowance for travel, unless the cost is covered by the home nation or another financial source.
- Payments for personal liability, health, and accident insurance.
- A one-time study stipend.
The following extra advantages are possible for scholarship recipients in specific situations:
- Subsidized rent each month.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship in Germany
Candidates must fulfil the requirements listed below to be eligible for a DAAD Scholarship for master’s and PhD studies in Germany:
- German or English are required languages.
- The instruction language for international programs is English. You are typically required to present a TOEFL or IELTS score as proof of your English language proficiency.
- German is used as the instruction language for other programs. Typically, you must provide a German language certificate, such as the DSH or TestDaF.
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (often a four-year program).
- At least two years of professional experience are required of candidates.
- After receiving their training or scholarship, candidates are expected to assume social responsibility, start and support change processes in their personal and professional environments, and demonstrate that their motivation is development-related.
Method of Application
Additional documentation may be needed for some courses. Please refer to the applicable course description in the brochure and on the relevant websites for more information. For consideration, the complete applications must be submitted in either English or German. Visit the link to see the application requirements.
- Pick courses that suit your interests. (You only can apply for three courses.)
- Apply to colleges that offer those courses.
- You send the universities your entire application(s) along with the aforementioned documents.
- A DAAD scholarship selection committee makes recommendations for possible applicants.
- The DAAD will get in touch with the suggested applicants to request that they upload their whole applications to the DAAD Portal. (DAAD will send an email with a link to the DAAD Portal.)
- The final results of the selection process will be announced, and the recommended candidates will be informed.
If you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship, be sure to have a copy of every application document on hand because you will need to upload them as PDF files to the DAAD Portal.
For more information and how to apply, visit the official website below: