Details About Hong Kong PhD Fellowship 2023
- Country: Hong Kong
- No. of Scholarships: 300
- Course Level: Ph.D. (Doctorate)
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st December 2022
- An annual stipend of HK$309,600 (Approximately US$39,700) (to Cover Housing, Meals)
- A conference and research-related Travel Allowance of HK$12,900
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the Ph.D. degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For details, please contact the universities concerned directly.
List of Universities Participating in Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
The Following Eight Universities are offering Ph.D. Fellowship Program. The List of Universities is given below.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Related article: Jobs in the USA That Sponsor Visas 2023
Fields of Studies
- Engineering and Technology
- Social Science and Business Studies
The selection will be based on the following points:
- Academic excellence
- Research Ability
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership abilities
The last date to apply Online for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2023-24 for all of the above Universities is 1st December 2022
How to Apply for the HKPFS 2023-24
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1st December 2022 before submitting applications for Ph.D. admission to their desired universities.
Applicants may choose up to two programs/ departments at one or two universities for Ph.D. study under HKPFS 2023/24. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programs.
As the deadlines for applications to some of the universities may immediately follow that of the Initial Application, candidates should submit initial applications as early as possible to ensure that they have sufficient time to submit applications to universities.
- Step 1: Submit Initial Application to Research Grants Council
- Step 2: Submit Full Applications to Proposed Universities
After completing an initial application, applicants should submit full applications for their selected Ph.D. programs to the proposed universities quoting their HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ respective deadlines. To Apply Please visit the website below.