The maximum duration period of the scholarship depends on the length of your studies, or the number of semesters, on average. If all requirements are met, the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships will initially be awarded for one year and thereafter for the remainder of the applicant’s studies.
The Rosa Luxemburg-Stiftung Scholarships Department provides students with a wide range of support, including political education activities and summer schools, domestic and international workshops, seminars, and educational excursions.
Brief Description of The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
Scholarship Host: Scholarship Department of the Rosa Luxemburg-Stiftung
Host Institution(s): German Universities
Study Location: Germany
Course/Level of Study: Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine
Eligible Individual/Country: International students from all over the world. Preference is given to women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities, achievement and commitment.
Worth of Scholarship: For the duration of the regular study program period, the scholarship for international students comes in the form of a living grant. Tuition fees for international students are not covered.
Additionally, it offers students practical training in areas like rhetoric, conflict resolution and other critical skills, time management and self-management, enhancing educational qualifications, text and writing workshops, and specific methodology seminars.
Application Deadline: April 1/October 1 annually
Eligibility Criteria for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
In order to qualify for the scholarships, applicants must meet all of the conditions listed below:
- Language proficiency in both English and German is necessary for the award (B2 level or above).
- All nations in the world are eligible for these scholarships. However, preference is given to women, students from underprivileged origins, homeless students, those in need in society, and persons with disabilities who have demonstrated success and commitment.
- Applications from graduate students of technical schools as well as undergraduate and PhD students in scientific and technical fields are strongly encouraged.
- Only applications submitted in either German or English will be considered.
- PhD candidates must be accepted at a German university, and Master’s students must also be enrolled at a state- or state-recognized German university.
- Every candidate needs to have a letter of admission from a German university or at the very least a Certificate of Enrolment for the upcoming semester. Additionally, your enrollment must be validated at the latest by the commencement date of the scholarship.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must also have at least a very good understanding of the English language and a working knowledge of the German language (additional classes may be financed by us).
- Scholarship applicants must additionally engage in social, political, and/or community service activities.
Method of Application
Applications for scholarships are done online. The application deadline is 1 October for grants beginning in the summer semester of the following year (1 April) or 1 April for grants beginning in the winter semester of the same year (1 October).
For more information and how to apply, visit the official website below: