UNIBEN Part-Time Degree Courses
The NUC has approved that the University of Benin can run the following degree programmes:
- B. A. (English and Literature);
- B. A. (International Studies and Diplomacy);
- B. A. (Mass Communication);
- B. A. (Ed) (Adult Education);
- B. A. (Ed) (Adult Education, English & Literature);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Adult Education, Economics and Statistics);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Adult Education, Political Science);
- B. A. (Ed) (History);
- B. A. (Ed) (French);
- B. A. (Ed) (Fine Arts);
- B. A. (Ed) (Edo Language);
- B. A. (Ed) (Religious Studies);
- B. A. (Ed) (Eng. & Literature);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Biology);
- B. Sc (Ed) (Chemistry);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Computer Science);
- B. Sc (Ed) (Integrated Science);
- B. Sc (Ed) (Mathematics);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Physics);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Social Studies);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Human Kinetics);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Health Education);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Environmental Education);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Economics & Statistics);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Geography & Regional Planning);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Political Science);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Educational Management);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Library and Information Science);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Childhood and Primary Education)
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Agricultural Education);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Business Education with options in Accounting Education and Office Technology and Management);
- B. Sc. (Ed) (Home Economics Education);
- B. Sc (Ed) (Industrial and Technical Education with options in Automobile, Electrical/Electronics, Building/Woodwork and Metal Work Technology);
- B. Sc. (Accounting);
- B. Sc. (Banking and Finance);
- B. Sc. (Industrial Physics);
- B. Sc. (Computer Science);
- B.Sc. (Statistics)
- B. Sc. (Public Administration);
- B.Sc. (Political Science)
- B. Sc. (Social Work);
Admission Requirements for Part-Time Degrees at UNIBEN
You can access both the specific faculty admission requirements as well as the general university admission requirements by clicking the link below:
Candidates must meet the indicated general and special requirements for admission in order to be eligible to sit for the entrance exams for the various part-time degree programs.
How to Fill Out the UNIBEN Part-Time Admission Application
Every application must be submitted between 7 a.m. on February 23, 2022, and 12 a.m. on May 15, 2022. The application process for 2021/2022 is as follows:
Before beginning the application process, applicants are advised to have a working email address.
- Visit www.uniben.edu.ng
- Click on Student Portal
- Click on waeup portal
- Click on Part Time Studies Application 2021/2022 on the homepage to proceed
- Click on ‘Start a new application’, read the instruction and click on ‘continue’
- Fill the relevant information as requested.
- Create a payment ticket at the bottom of the application page, Click on ‘Pay via Remita’ to make application fee payment with either Visa or Master Card, follow the instruction to pay the application fees of A12,500.00 for diploma programmes (the fees exclude other charges for Portal Services of N2,000.00)..
- Upload a RECENT and CLEAR ‘1×1’ COLOUR PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WITH RED BACKGROUND IN JPEG FORMAT ONLY. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin.
FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION and failure/forfeiture of admission.
- Preview and double check your information before submitting your application online. (No correction will be accepted after the closing date).
- Print out an acknowledgement slip that contains your details.
GSM phones and calculators are NOT permitted, please note.
CLOSING DATE: All applications must be submitted by October 31, 2022, at midnight, or earlier.
- ENTRANCE INVESTIGATES:
A conducted entrance exam must be passed in order to be admitted to some programs.
The screening test must be conducted on a computer.
For some programs, there won’t be an entrance exam, though.
The Senate-approved broad requirements will be used to determine who gets admitted to these programs.
Please be aware that in order to complete this admission process, candidates must submit N3500 in payment to a JAMB-approved center to complete their biometrics and other essential information.
Share This Post: Please use the buttons below to share this article if you believe it will be useful to someone else.