The Federal Government after the easing of lockdown all over the country as finally says secondary pupils and primary classes can resume in all states.
This resumption takes effect on Monday 21st of September after six month of pause in academic activities of this year. This means school activities will resume both in public and private schools next week.
Though all states have announced that all students that are not in the terminal classes should be promoted to the next class based on their performance in Continous Assessment Test.
After the announcement the FG laid down some guidelines that all schools must follow some of which is that all entry point of the school must have where to wash their hands and sanitize them, all students and staffs of the school must wear a face mask and their must not be over crowdedness in the classes.
But the question is will all the schools particularly some public schools be able to follow this guidelines. What are the things government has put in place for a smooth run of the new academic session ?
What the Federal Government and State Government can do as schools resume next week.
1. All F.G and S.G schools should be thoroughly sanitized before resumption.
2. As schools resume both the F.G and S.G must release funds for schools to get all the necessary materials so as to follow the covid 19 guidelines.
3. Students should be given at least a month to pay any dues because not all fingers are equal.
4. All junior school students especially JSS 1 should be well monitored and allowed to close earlier.
5. To avoid over crowding classes can be taken in batches by teachers of different classes.
6. Medical expert or NCDC personnel should be deployed to all schools to check the states of compliances a and also monitor school activities in case of any emergency.
7. All primary students must not exceed 1:00 pm for closing hours. Also some schools activities like sport and extra curricular activities should be banned for some time.
To put the mind of all parents at rest F.G must do something as touching the inflation in the economy knowing truly well that some parents are below the average level and some still want quality education for their childrens.